May 16, 2018
Our Executive Director Jeff Guignard is hitting the road this summer to host member meetings across the province!
A full schedule of meetings from part one of the road trip is provided below. A schedule of meetings from part two of the road trip will be available soon.
Everyone is welcome at the liquor industry meetings – ABLE BC members and non-members! Whether you own or work at a pub, liquor store, hotel, or simply have a professional interest in the liquor industry, these meetings are a unique opportunity for ABLE BC to hear face-to-face about the issues that matter most to you and your businesses.
What to expect at the meetings:
- Update on current liquor policy and industry issues, including ABLE BC’s recent participation on the Government Business Technical Advisory Panel
- Update on non-medical cannabis legalization and the impact this will have in your municipality
- Learn about the issues ABLE BC is advocating for and our progress on key policy priorities
- Learn about new ABLE BC partnerships and benefit programs, including an opportunity to get involved in the BC Ale Trail
- Connect with other licensees and ABLE BC members in your area
- Light refreshments
Plus: at our Vernon and Kelowna meetings, we are excited to be joined by Ginger Brunner, Regional HR Specialist at go2HR. Ginger will share with attendees who go2HR is, the work they do on behalf of the hospitality industry, and answer any questions you may have about HR, employment, recruitment, and more.
Full meeting schedule:
- Osoyoos: Monday, May 28th from 10:00 am to 12:00 pm at the Watermark Beach Resort, 15 Park Place
- Nelson: Tuesday, May 29th from 10:00 am to 12:00 pm at Louie’s Steak House, The Adventure Hotel (616 Vernon Street)
- Cranbrook: Wednesday, May 30th from 10:00 am to 12:00 pm at The Heidout Restaurant & Brewhouse (821 Baker Street)
- Fernie: Thursday, May 31st from 10:00 am to 12:00 pm at Mount Fernie Room, 2nd Floor, Park Place Lodge (742 BC-3, Fernie)
- Invermere: Friday, June 1st from 10:00 am to 12:00 pm at the Station Pub (1701 6th Avenue)
- Golden: Friday, June 1st from 3:00 pm to 5:00 pm at the Golden Taps Pub (505 9th Avenue North)
- Revelstoke: Monday, June 4th from 10:00 am to 12:00 pm at the Regent Hotel (112 First Street East)
- Vernon: Wednesday, June 6th from 10:00 am to 12:00 pm at The Lodge Kitchen and Bar at The Vernon Lodge (3914 32nd Street)
- Kamloops: Thursday, June 7th from 10:00 am to 12:00 pm at the Fox’n Hounds Pub (20, 945 W Columbia Street)
- Kelowna: Friday, June 8th from 10:00 am to 12:00 pm at the Train Station Pub (1177 Ellis Street)
Please RSVP to Danielle Leroux (Director of Membership and Communications): firstname.lastname@example.org or 604-688-5560. If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact Danielle.
We look forward to seeing you there!