Help fix BC’s liquor policies
In June 2018, government published the final report of the Business Technical Advisory Panel. The panel offered 24 recommendations that, if implemented, will have a lasting positive impact on BC’s private liquor industry.
In particular, the report contains clear recommendations to support several of ABLE BC’s current policy priorities, such as:
- allow private retailers to sell products to LPs, FPs, and holders of Special Event Permits (i.e. licensee sales)
- create a wholesale pricing model for LPs and FPs (i.e. hospitality pricing)
- improve wholesale product delivery by allowing third party distributors to deliver non-stocked wholesale products
- eliminate the current management conflict of interest at the BCLDB between BC Liquor Stores and LDB Wholesale
But a report is only useful if its recommendations are implemented. We need your help to ensure BC government is listening.
What you can do
- Contact your MLA and/or schedule a meeting with your MLA. This is particularly important if your MLA is a member of the BC NDP
- Key messages for your MLA:
- Tell your MLA that our industry matters: BC’s private liquor industry is a multi-billion dollar industry that matters to every community in BC – and it needs government attention
- Tell your MLA about the BTAP report
- Ask for your MLA’s support: to ensure this report does not end up sitting on a shelf, we need MLAs to express support for the panel’s recommendations
For assistance in setting up a meeting with your MLA, please contact ABLE BC at 604-688-5560 or email@example.com.
ABLE BC is the only organization that fights for your interests. Your membership ensures we can continue doing so.
If you are not yet a member of the Alliance, we hope you will consider joining today. Sign-up for your membership online or contact Danielle Leroux (Director of Membership & Communications) at 604-688-5560 or firstname.lastname@example.org.