August 20, 2021
Dear ABLE BC members and industry colleagues,
Earlier this afternoon, Minister of Health Adrian Dix and Provincial Health Officer Dr. Bonnie Henry announced additional restrictions for the Central Okanagan region, which will now be expanded to the entire Interior Health.
These measures come into effect tonight at midnight and are in response to a significant increase in cases in the Interior Health region, particularly among those who remain unvaccinated. A full list of communities included in this order can be found here.
- Masks mandatory in all indoor public spaces
- Indoor personal gatherings will be limited to one other household with 5 guests
- Outdoor personal gatherings will be limited to no more than 50 people with COVID safety plan in place
- Indoor organized gatherings limited to no more than 50 people with COVID safety plan in place
- High intensity indoor fitness classes are suspended
- Indoor low-intensity group classes will be limited to 10
- Outdoor low-intensity group classes will be limited to 50
We know this news is deeply disappointing and frustrating for businesses like yours. Please know we are actively engaged with government to ensure affected businesses receive the support you need to weather this ongoing outbreak.
Need to get vaccinated?
Please see below for information on where to get vaccinated:
- Interior Health: People who live in Kelowna, West Kelowna, Peachland, Lake Country and on Westbank First Nations lands (Central Okanagan Local Health Area) can get their second dose 28 days after dose 1, opposed to 48 days.
- Fraser Health
- Vancouver Coastal
- Island Health
- Northern Health
We will provide more details as they are available. In the meantime, if you have any questions or concerns please contact email@example.com.