December 15, 2017
In addition to an owner incurring a fine for serving a minor, your staff can also be fined. It is a regulation under the BC Offence Act, called the Violation Ticket Administration and Fines Regulation. A copy of this document can be found here: http://www.bclaws.ca/civix/document/id/complete/statreg/89_97_00
Click on schedule 2 of the regulations for a list of fines and fine amounts, including those related to liquor. Click on schedule 1 to see which body issues the issues (e.g. police, General Manager of the LCLB, etc.).
Per Section 77 (1) staff can be fined $575 per offence:
- Sell, give or otherwise supply liquor to a minor
- Possess liquor for the purpose of selling, giving or otherwise supplying it to a minor
- Allow a minor to consume or possess liquor in or at a place under one’s control
Section 77 (1) is enforced by the General Manager appointed under section 3 of the Liquor Control and Licensing Act.
Additional Due Diligence Resources for Members:
- Purchase 2 Pieces of ID Required laminated signage ($5.00 per sign): https://ablebc.ca/online-store/
- Last chance for price goes up! Purchase I Check for 2 Pieces of ID buttons ($0.50 per button): https://ablebc.ca/online-store/
- Download complimentary due diligence signage on our Members-Only website. Login and visit Member Documents section: https://ablebc.ca/login/
- Download our updated due diligence package: https://ablebc.ca/revised-due-diligence-package-for-members-download-your-copy/
If you have any other questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact ABLE BC at 604-688-5560 or Danielle@ablebc.ca.