go2HR is pleased to host a Regional Occupational Health & Safety (OHS) Summit for the tourism and hospitality industry in BC. Join us in Kelowna as we bring this annual event to the Thompson Okanagan region.
Theme: “The healthy workplace: A state of mind” – Mental health in the workplace
- Understanding the Complexity of a Psychologically Healthy Workplace
- This includes presentations, an afternoon breakout session, and a small-group ask the expert opportunity. The speakers will cover tips regarding responding with respect to mental health issues in the workplace and strategies and applications for the workplace. Afternoon breakout sessions will focus on specific issues such as bullying & harassment and stress management.
- Announcement of 2017 WorkSafeBC Industry Base Rates, Trends & Stats
- Lorne Scarlett, Industry Specialist (Tourism & Hospitality), WorkSafeBC
- Industry Health & Safety and COR Program Updates
- Kori Gryschuk, Program Manager, Industry Health & Safety, go2HR
Cost and Registration Info
Register online at Eventbrite: http://www.eventbrite.ca/e/2016-tourism-hospitality-occupational-health-safety-summit-tickets-26492117637?ref=ebtnebregn
Space is limited to 55 participants. This event sells out every year and is expected to fill up quickly – please register now! The registration deadline is September 15, 2016.
For more information, email Kori Gryschuk, go2HR’s Program Manager, Industry Health and Safety, or call (604) 633-9787 ext. 259.