February 10, 2020
The LDB’s Kamloops Distribution Centre (KDC) will be upgrading to a new warehouse management system February 27 to March 1. The upgrade is the culmination of a multi-year modernization initiative undertaken by the BC Liquor Distribution Branch.
Per the LDB: “Due to the system upgrade, considerations required by customers, suppliers and third party warehouses will be communicated respectively to ensure a seamless transition to the new system.”
What this means for retailers serviced from KDC:
- The Wholesale Customer Center will not be processing returns from February 24-28, 2020; returns should be submitted as normal. There may be delays in processing.
- The WCC will not accept rush Orders from KDC Customers from February 21-March 2, 2020.
- The Shipment Verification Process will be updated in the WCC Order Handbook to reflect the new Shipping Documents that will be provided. Please review the WCC Order Handbook on the Wholesale Website: www.wholesale.bcldb.com
- Where a specific location is impacted by a change to order-by time, the Wholesale Customer Centre will contact the customer directly by February 7.
What this means for suppliers and third party warehouses:
- No Returns or transfers between distribution centres can be requested or processed from February 21 and March 2. Business as usual will resume from March 3.
- Receiving will be restricted at the KDC during the upgrade as follows:
- Receiving blackout from February 26-28
- Reduced receiving from March 2-6, limited to six to eight trucks per day
- A new driver release form will be part of the receiving process starting March 2, aligning to what is currently used at the DDC.