March 06, 2020
The LDB’s Kamloops Distribution Centre (KDC) completed the upgrade to a new warehouse management system this past weekend. The upgrade is the culmination of a multi-year modernization initiative undertaken by the BC Liquor Distribution Branch.
The LDB has asked that we share with members the following information on how this upgrade will impact your business.
What this means for liquor retailers serviced from KDC:
- The WCC Order Handbook is updated to reflect the new Shipping Documents in the Shipment Verification Process and can be found on the Wholesale Website under the Wholesale Customer Centre section, of the Resources tab.
- The Wholesale Customer Center (WCC) will resume processing returns. Addressing the backlog from the freeze between February 24 – 28 may result in minor delays.
- Beginning immediately, the WCC will resume accepting Rush Orders from KDC Customers.
What this means to suppliers and third-party warehouses:
- Capacity for inbound receiving appointments is reduced from March 2 to 6
- Returns and transfers between distribution centres will resume March 3
- Beginning immediately, the new driver release form is being used as part of the receiving process. This aligns to current practice at the Delta Distribution Centre.