March 31, 2021
Dear ABLE BC members,
go2HR is offering members and their staff free access to an online, on-demand Violence in the Workplace: Recognize the Risk and Take Action training program.
As this is a new program to go2HR, they are offering a limited number of complimentary seats in exchange for feedback about the program.
The course will take approximately one-hour to complete. You will have between April 14 and May 14 to complete it.
If you are interested in participating, please email email@example.com by April 8. Further details about the course are provided below.
Violence in the Workplace: Recognize the Risk and Take Action
Wherever people interact at work there is a potential for violence, regardless of the job. This course helps frontline supervisors, workers, and anyone else with an interest in workplace safety develop a clear understanding of what workplace violence is, the consequences of workplace violence, and preventative measures that can be taken.
Course topics include:
- Defining the scope of workplace violence, including harassment
- Risk factors of workplace violence
- Why workplace violence is an important issue
- How to reduce the risks
- Preventive measures
- What to do when involved in an incident of workplace violence
- Legal responsibilities of employers to prevent workplace violence
Upon completion of this course you will:
- Understand the complexity of workplace violence and harassment
- Identify incidents of workplace violence
- Know what occupations and jobs are at higher risk of violence
- Know what to do if you are involved in or witness a violent situation
- Understand what the employer should do, including their legal responsibilities
Delivery: online, on-demand
Duration: 1 hour
Register: email firstname.lastname@example.org no later than April 8
Access: registered ABLE BC members and their staff will receive an enrolment link via email. Once registered, you can access the course between April 14-May 14. You have 30 days to complete the course and will receive a certificate upon completion. All courses must be completed by May 14.
Cost: FREE for ABLE BC members. Limited seats available, on a first-come, first-served basis.