On June 22 2018, ABLE BC in partnership with go2HR presented a webinar on: Employment Standards 101.
If you were unable to attend the webinar, you can purchase a copy of the webinar audio recording and also receive a copy of the PowerPoint presentation and related handout.
This webinar is essential for small employers who do not have any HR staff or HR practitioners who want a refresher.
Do you know your employment liabilities? Do you know how to prevent costly employment mistakes? Do you know how to avoid being brought in front of the Employment Standards Tribunal or difficulties with the Employment Labour Board?
Gillian MacGregor will answer these questions and more during the webinar!
What else you will learn:
- What laws govern employment in British Columbia and how the Employment Standards Act applies to you
- Dealing with salaried versus hourly employees
- Calculating and paying overtime
- Who is eligible for statutory pay
- Overtime and averaging agreements
- Probationary periods
- Employee terminations and the notice requirements under the Employment Standards Act
- And much more!