June 09, 2016
Help protect your licensed business asset against contraventions: download our sample Due Diligence Package
BC liquor laws leave it up to the licensee to ensure they are following responsible service of alcohol guidelines. Liquor permits are an investment and the penalty for serving liquor to a minor in any British Columbia liquor licensed establishment may carry an automatic $7,500 fine. A subsequent penalty may be a 30-day suspension of your BC liquor license. These fines are significant and can be financially devastating to your business.
ABLE BC has worked with our Associate Member Rising Tide Consultants to create a sample Due Diligence Package for liquor retail stores and liquor primary license establishments. Licensees, who are seeking “Due Diligence” proof to fight contravention notices including service to minors, will find this package vital to their ongoing team member training and to show their commitment to following all BC liquor laws.
As a result of the new British Columbia liquor license reforms and the Minors as Agents Program, business owners need to amend their staff training procedures and policies to include documentation for:
- Over service with respect to happy hour
- Farmers market retail purchases
- Responsible service of alcohol
- Special occasion permits and site wide licensing
- Minors in liquor primary establishments until 10 pm
- Identification protocols for minors and Serving It Right
- Liquor Inspector communication and relations
If you would like additional help in creating a customized Policy and Procedures Manual, please contact Rising Tide Consultants (RTC) at 604-669-2928 or email@example.com. ABLE BC Members receive a 10% discount on RTC consulting services.
Other Due Diligence Resources
ABLE BC Members have access to variety of due diligence resources:
- Download or purchase 2 Pieces of ID Required signage and buttons (contact our office to purchase laminated signs and buttons)
- Download Check for photo ID signage (contact our office to purchase laminated signs)
Visit our website for more: http://www.ablebc.ca/member-benefits/useful-links.aspx