November 06, 2019
On behalf of BC’s Alliance of Beverage Licensees Board of Directors and staff, thank you to everyone who attended the BC Liquor Conference on October 21, 2019 and helped make our fourth annual conference a great success. We hope that you found the 2019 BC Liquor Conference informative and engaging.
Our sincere appreciation also goes out to our conference sponsors and speakers.
If you attended the conference, please take a moment to complete our short online survey regarding your conference experience. Your feedback is critical in our ongoing efforts to improve and reshape the conference in 2020.
Deadline to complete survey: Friday, November 1, 2019.
What delegates learned at the BC Liquor Conference:
- Social media and brand strategy with digital marketing expert Grace Lanuza. During this 3-hour workshop Grace covered how to choose your social media platforms, creating short and long-term social media strategies and goals, content creation, social media trends, influencer marketing, and more.
- Liquor retail operations, financials, and promotions with Rebecca Hardin (RH Hospitality Solutions) and Megan Dado (Growth Consultant and Advisor). During this 3-hour workshop Rebecca and Megan covered operations and financial analysis and planning, customer experience, pricing strategies, store layouts, using data to growth hack, marketing tactics and KPIs, and more.
- Update from LDB Wholesale: download presentation
- Update from BC Liquor Stores: download presentation
- Industry Update from ABLE BC Executive Director: download presentation
- Digitizing your retail store to drive profit with Eric Matusiak (BDO Canada). During this 1-hour seminar, Eric covered what digital means for your liquor business, why you need to invest in digital, a digital investment framework for your liquor retail business, practical next steps, and more.
- Digital marketing for bars with Lindsay O’Donnell (Piquant Marketing). During this 1-hour seminar, Lindsay covered how to use influencer marketing at your bar or pub and make your establishment more shareable on social media.
- Wine consumer and shopper insights with Andrea Kardos (Arterra Wines Canada). During this 40-minute presentation, Andrea shared wine trends and sales data in BC and Canada, on-premise insights, understanding the wine shopper, recommendations for a shopper-centric store, and more.
- Liquor and cannabis liability with Matthew Bujar (Dolden Wallace Folick). During this 1-hour seminar, Matthew covered liquor and cannabis co-use, duty of care, and what liquor providers need to know.
- Cannabis Legalization 2.0: during the closing panel, Stephanie Tan (Canopy Growth), James Munro (McMillan LLP), and Darryl Lamb (Legacy Liquor Store) discussed the impact of cannabis edibles and infused-beverages legalization on BC’s liquor industry.
Stay tuned for 2020 BC Liquor Conference date and location.