June 29, 2017
Since May 2017, the LCLB has been hosting new, free education sessions for liquor primaries and food primaries. These sessions offer licensees practical knowledge to better navigate BC’s liquor laws and successfully operate your establishment.
Sessions are approximately 2 hours long and include time for questions with LCLB staff and inspectors. Sessions cover a range of topics including:
- Updates on recent liquor policy changes
- Providing safe and responsible service
- Keeping a license in good standing
- Steps to a successful liquor inspection
- Fort St. John: July 11th from 10 am to noon or 1:30 pm to 3:30 pm (Northern Lights College)
- Dawson Creek: July 12th from 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm (Kiwanis Performing Arts Centre)
- Invermere: July 25th from 10:00 am to noon (Royal Canadian Legion)
- Golden: July 26th from 10:00 am to noon (Ramada Hotel)
- Cranbrook: July 27th from 10:00 am to noon or 1:30 pm to 3:30 pm (Manual Training Centre)
- Fernie: July 28th from 9:00 am to 11:00 am (Chamber of Commerce)
Download the full tour schedule for May to September here. Please note the schedule is subject to change. The tour will continue after September, visiting more locations in the Lower Mainland and Fraser Valley. The LCLB also plans to offer sessions for Licensee Retail Stores in the future.
Don’t see a stop in your area? Email the LCLB at LCLB.Education@gov.bc.ca to join their notification list and be contacted when a session is scheduled near you.
How to Register: Seminars are free and open to licensees and their staff. To register or inquire email LCLB.Education@gov.bc.ca or phone/text 604-992-2075