December 07, 2020
Dear ABLE BC members and industry colleagues,
During this afternoon’s live update, Dr. Bonnie Henry announced the current province-wide restrictions will be extended until January 8, 2021. The restrictions were originally set to expire December 7, 2020 at midnight.
These restrictions include:
- All in-person events and community-based gatherings as defined in the PHO order – Gatherings and Events (PDF) are suspended. Exceptions are in place for weddings, funerals, baptisms, meals for people in need, and drive-in, drive-thru, and drop-off events.
- No gatherings of any size at your residence with anyone other than your household or core bubble.
- Patrons must wear a mask inside a restaurant, pub, and bar, when not at a table.
- Events are not allowed at liquor and food primaries.
- Liquor and food primaries can continue to operate if have a COVID-19 Safety Plan and employee protocols in place.
- There is a maximum of 6 people at a table allowed and no moving between tables.
- WorkSafeBC will be conducting inspections to verify that COVID-19 Safety Plans remain effective. Establishments that are noncompliant with plan requirements may face orders and fines, and possible referral to public health which may result in a closure order.
- Masks are required in many indoor public settings, including liquor and food primaries and liquor stores.
For more information:
- BC Government province-wide restrictions
- PHO Public Order: Gatherings and Events
- PHO Public Order: Food and Liquor Serving Premises
Note from ABLE BC:
We understand that prohibiting gatherings and events over the holidays and new year poses tough financial challenges for your businesses. Please know ABLE BC is doing everything we can to support our members, and will continue to advocate on your behalf.
If you have any additional questions, please contact ABLE BC: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Webinar on December 10: What to do if you have a COIVD-19 outbreak
Join ABLE BC and industry experts for a free webinar on December 10 about what to do if you have a COVID-19 outbreak in your workplace, including the steps to follow and how to effectively communicate with and restore confidence in your patrons.
REGISTER HERE. A Zoom link will be provided by email prior to the webinar. Members and non-members are welcome to attend.
- Date: Thursday, December 10, 2020
- Time: 11:00 am to 12:00 pm PT
- Location: Zoom [download here]