March 29, 2021
Dear ABLE BC members and industry colleagues,
- Indoor food and drink service at all liquor and food primaries is being prohibited as of midnight tonight.
- Liquor and food primaries will be restricted to patio service, takeout, and delivery.
- Fitness centres and gyms are restricted to only be used if supervised by a staff person or personal trainer. I.e., one-to-one supervision only allowed.
- Indoor worship services are suspended. Outdoor worship services allowed under the current variance may continue.
- Whistler Blackcomb mountain will be closed through to April 19, 2021
These new restrictions will remain in place until at least April 19, 2021.
A copy of the new public order is not yet available. We will share the order when it is posted here. Further information can also be found on this government website and in the government news release.
According to Dr. Henry, in the past seven days there has been a dramatic increase in percentage of positive COVID cases and hospitalizations, significant transmission of COVID variants, and we are seeing the start of a third-wave.
Dr. Henry says these new rules are intended to reduce social interactions and limit all indoor group activities, while government ramps up the vaccination program.
ABLE BC knows how devastating these new restrictions are for BC’s hospitality industry.
We know how hard you’ve worked over the past year, adhering to stringent protocols and going above and beyond to keep your customers and staff safe, while struggling to keep your businesses afloat.
ABLE BC will continue fighting for you. While this may be a step backward, it is not the end. With warmer weather and vaccines on the horizon, we will weather this storm and make it to the finish line.
Tomorrow, we’ll share an update on the provincial and federal financial support programs available to you. We’ll continue to keep you updated, as we push to get further support for you.
If you have any other questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org.