October 02, 2019
We just couldn’t stay away. That, and a labour strike at the Hyatt Regency Vancouver forced us out. Please note the 2019 BC Liquor Conference will be moving up the street to our former location: the Sutton Place Hotel Vancouver (845 Burrard) on Monday, October 21, 2019. If you booked a room at the Hyatt during the conference, a hotel staff member will be in touch with you about your booking. Besides our move up the street, things are business as usual!
Here is what you have to look forward to at the 2019 BC Liquor Conference:
Pre-Conference Workshops: Sunday, October 20 from 12:00 pm to 3:00 pm in downtown Vancouver
Option A: Social Media and Brand Strategy Nail down your social media and brand strategy during this hands-on workshop before heading into the holiday season with branding and digital marketing expert Grace Lanuza.
Option B: Liquor Retailer Bootcamp Take your retail store to the next level and find new ways to drive incremental sales, increase profit, and use customer data. Join our panel of experts for a 3-hour hands-on bootcamp. Each panelist will be given 45-60 minutes to present with time for questions:
- Part One: strategic planning, operations, and promotions with Rebecca Hardin (RH Hospitality Solutions) and Megan Dado (Growth Consultant and Advisor)
- Part Two: using big box store data insights with Peter Uppal (Loop Insights)
- Part Three: knowing your neighbourhood and sourcing free data with Darryl Lamb (Legacy Liquor Store)
Option C: Workplace Violence Prevention During this workshop you will learn:
- How workplace violence and employee safety can impact your bottom line
- Practical strategies to mitigate risk and limit your liability
- Hands-on training to safely defuse challenging and difficult customer situations
- Purchase full conference pass ($250) and receive registration for 1 workshop of your choice
- Purchase conference only ($200) or workshop-only pass ($75)
- Register HERE for any option
Conference Highlights: Monday, October 21 from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm at the Sutton Place Hotel Vancouver
- Government Updates: hear directly from Mary Sue Maloughney (LCRB General Manager and Assistant Deputy Minister) and Erin McEwan (Executive Director, LDB Corporate Strategic Services) at our Industry Breakfast
- ABLE BC Update: our Executive Director Jeff Guignard will also present an update on our recent advocacy and government relations work during breakfast
- BC Liquor Stores Update: for the first time ever a representative from BC Liquor Stores will be at the conference to answer your hospitality questions! We are pleased to have Mike Procopio, Executive Director Retail Operations at the LDB, present at the conference.
- LDB Wholesale Update: Todd Cooper and Sairose Fisher return to the conference to discuss the work underway at the new LDB distribution centre, share current industry metrics, and look at what’s next at LDB Wholesale.
- Plus one-hour seminars on: industry and consumer insights that drive sales growth and increase profits, digitizing your retail store, marketing in a digital age for bars, as well as liquor and cannabis liability
- Learn what’s next in cannabis: we’ll close the conference with an industry panel discussion on legalization 2.0 – what the legalization of cannabis edibles and infused beverages means for the liquor industry
Register now! The conference sells out every year.Registration Options:
- Purchase full conference pass ($250) and receive registration for 1 workshop of your choice on Sunday, October 20
- Purchase conference-only pass ($200)
- Register HERE for either option
View the full conference program and speaker bios here. If you have any other questions or concerns please contact Danielle (Director of Membership and Communications, ABLE BC): 604-688-5560 or email@example.com.