October 13, 2020
Join ABLE BC at the Virtual BC Liquor Conference: October 19 & October 20, 2020. Register now.
The first virtual BC Liquor Conference is next week! Your conference pass includes:
- 8 keynotes, panels, and seminars
- Live conversation between ABLE BC’s Executive Director Jeff Guignard and Hon. David Eby, Attorney General
- Access to all session recordings post-conference
- Virtual Happy Hour sponsored by Labatt Breweries
- Live entertainment: special guest comedian John Cullen
- Virtual Networking opportunities, including online chat rooms, 1-1 online meetings, virtual supplier booths, and more
We are thrilled to bring you two-packed days of content! Seminars include:
COVID and Legal Liability: What are the risks?
The public health risks associated with COVID have created new and unforeseen risks and realities, which all members of the hospitality industry need to be aware of.
Where does the authority reside to enforce the guidelines? Does the failure to comply attract fines and/or penalties? Is there the risk of civil action for failure to comply – and does alleged failure to comply potentially attract a claim for injury as a result?
These are some of the questions that Lorne Folick (Dolden Wallace Folick LLP) will attempt to address to provide guidance to everyone in the hospitality industry.
Liquor Retail Trends and Customer Insights
Get the liquor retail trends and customer insights you need to know from four industry experts: Jan Westcott (Spirits Canada), Luke Chapman (Beer Canada), Caroline Bourke (Arterra Wines), and Oscar Nyemb (Labatt Breweries).
Learn how COVID-19 has impacted liquor sales, current market conditions, and what influences consumers’ purchasing decisions and how they are shopping.
View the full conference program.
Last chance to sign up: tutored whisky tasting on October 19
ABLE BC is pleased to offer a Victoria Caledonian Distillery Tutored Virtual Whisky Tasting as part of the BC Liquor Conference on Monday, October 19 at 5:00 pm.
Please note the virtual whisky tasting is separate from your conference registration. Sign-up for the tasting.
Tasting registration closes tomorrow: Wednesday, October 14 at 10:00 am. The tasting will be capped at 30 participants and available on a first come first serve basis. Cost for tasting:
- $25 for ABLE BC Members and/or BC Liquor Conference delegates
- $50 for non-members and those not registered for the conference
Sign-up for the tasting with Caledonian Distillery Founder Graeme Macaloney before tickets are gone!
Learn more about the Caledonian whisky you’ll be sampling.