February 09, 2018
ABLE BC has launched a petition to give British Columbians access to premium whisky and allow private liquor stores to sell product to bars, pubs, and restaurants.
Download a copy of the petition here.
Learn more about the recent whisky “prohibition-style raids” here: https://ablebc.ca/whisky/
Allowing private retailers to sell to bars, pubs, and restaurants requires a significant change in government policy. We are petitioning the Government of British Columbia and the Legislative Assembly to give British Columbians access to specialty liquor product such as premium whisky and to allow private liquor stores to sell product to bars, pubs, and restaurants.
What you need to do:
- Print copies of the petition: click here to download
- Share the petition with your staff, customers, friends, and colleagues
- Have a copy of the petition at every till and encourage customers to sign it
- Share the petition with your whisky club members or a whisky club in your area
- Mail the completed petitions to ABLE BC by February 28, 2018: 948 Howe Street, Suite 200. Vancouver, BC V6Z 1N9. Once all petitions are received, we will compile and submit to the Legislative Assembly.
The fine print: petition requirements
- No duplicate signatures
- Original signatures only
- Petitions must be free of erasures or insertions
- Petitioners must be residents of BC
Other ways you can help:
- Sign the online Free the Whisky petition: https://www.change.org/p/free-the-whisky-british-columbia
- Meet with your MLA to express your concerns
- For messaging to share with your customers and suggested social media posts visit: https://ablebc.ca/whisky/
If you have any other questions or concerns, please contact ABLE BC at 604-688-5560 or firstname.lastname@example.org.